Capitol to Courthouse Florida Insurance Report - Tuesday, January 09, 2018
Date Published: 01-09-2018
A Florida Lawmaker said he will file a measure in the Session that began Tuesday to require Employers and Insurers to pay Workers’ Compensation Benefits to Undocumented Workers Injured on the Job who now can be denied coverage. Maria Perez reports for the Naples Daily News.
Federal Scientists say Seas in parts of Florida have risen at a rate of about a third of an inch a year over the past Decade. The Associated Press’ Dinah Voyles Pulver and Dale White report via Insurance Journal.
Florida’s legislative leaders have vowed to tackle a long list of issues during their annual 60-day session, including the state’s opioid crisis and allowing bullied students to go to private schools at taxpayer expense, the Associated Press reports.
- Richard Corcoran calls on Florida House to be a “House of Reformers” in Fiery Opening Remarks
- Negron: “The Florida Senate has Zero Tolerance for Sexual Harassment”
- Money, Gifts, Conflicts set the Stage for Florida Legislative Session
- 5 Biggest Questions of the 2018 Session
- House Ready to Take Up Hot-Button Issues
- Locals Submit $40M in Legislative Funding Requests
- Lawmaker Revives Possibility of Moving Capitol
- Jay Fant Files Bill to Protect Confederate Monuments From Removal, Desecration
The Governor’s Annual Address traditionally marks the start of the Annual 60-Day Lawmaking Session at the State Capitol in Tallahassee. The Tampa Bay Times’ Steve Bousquet reports via “The Buzz” blog.
- Rick Scott Appeals For Anti-Tax Amendment On Session's First Day
- State of the State Speeches Show Rick Scott Evolution
Problems with your Marriage? Is it Unhealthy? The Florida Legislature is willing to help future couples avoid such troubles. FloridaPolitics.com’s A.G. Gancarski reports.
At Issue are Four Proposals. The Miami Herald’s Lawrence Mower reports.
Those Structures located within a Mapped Special Flood Hazard Area and Sustained Damage that constitutes Substantial Damage for the Structure, must abide by the rule. David Taylor reports for the Houston Chronicle.
FINRA is warning Brokers to be careful when moving Clients between Brokerage and Advisory Accounts. Mark Schoeff Jr. reports for Investment News.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.